From Vices To Virtues is a podcast for people who are passionate about high performance and are ready to take their game to a whole new level. This variety show is a playground for the imagination and proving ground for excellence in action. Listen, learn, and love, on this journey of deep thinking and high achieving.
David Whipple is your host in humility. Join him on the quest for clarity, energy, purpose, productivity, influence, and courage. Let's align our actions with our ambitions, raise the bar for humanity, starting with ourselves. Scroll down for more information and resources. Feel free to connect with me about your questions and comments.
Season 2 is now playing until Summer Solctice and features 2 episodes every week on Monday and Friday.
Give a rating & review
on Apple iTunes 🤩
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
One of the best ways to support my podcast is to rate and review it on Apple Podcasts. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to do so, from your computer, phone, or tablet:
How to leave an Apple Podcasts review on your computer:
Go to my Apple Podcasts landing page
Click “view in iTunes”
If you get the prompt “Do you want to allow this page to open iTunes?” select “allow”
Click “Ratings and Reviews”
Under “Customer Ratings,” click the stars next to “Click to Rate”
Under “Customer Reviews,” click “Write a Review”
Write the review, click Submit!
How to leave an Apple Podcasts rating and review on your iPhone or iPad:
Download the “Podcasts” app if it’s not already on your device
Launch Podcast app
Tap the Search tab
Enter “From Vices To Virtues”
Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
Tap the album art for the podcast.
Scroll down to tap the Rate/Review tab.
Tap the purple “Write a Review”
Review, click Submit!
PLAYING ON ALL MAJOR PLATFORMS
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT & SHARE
What is a podcast?
Basically a "podcast" is like radio. It could be called "digital audio on demand". That means you can stream and download any show and listen to it whenever you want and however you want. It's pretty much the coolest thing since, radio.
The meaning of Vices & Virtues
Vice: weakness of character or behavior; a bad habit.
• The modern English term that best captures its original meaning is the word “vicious”, which means "full of vice". In this sense, the word vice comes from the Latin word “vitium”, meaning "failing or defect"
• Vice is a practice, behaviour, or habit generally considered immoral, sinful, criminal, rude, taboo, depraved, or degrading in the associated society. In more minor usage, vice can refer to a fault, a negative character trait, a defect, an infirmity, or a bad or unhealthy habit (such as an addiction to smoking). Vices are usually associated with a transgression in a person's character or temperament rather than their morality.
Virtue: Origin: Middle English: from Old French vertu, from Latin virtus ‘valor, merit, moral perfection’, from vir ‘man’. (Analogical association: Virility)
• Behavior showing high moral standards: paragons of virtue.
• A quality considered morally good or desirable in a person: patience is a virtue.
• A good or useful quality of a thing. Virtue (Latin: virtus, Ancient Greek: ἀρετή "arete") is moral excellence. A virtue is a trait or quality that is deemed to be morally good and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being. Personal virtues are characteristics valued as promoting collective and individual greatness. The opposite of virtue is vice.